Thursday, May 10, 2012

Reflection: Art Criticism Article

1. Which projects did you review?

I reviewed Light and Dark by Alonzo Rainero, In the "click" of time by Alyssa Colangelo, and Medieval Wyvern by Edward Voyzey.


 2. Why did you select the Exhibit you critiqued?

I selected In the "click" of time by Alyssa Colangelo because it had artists I had never seen before and the theme was very relatable.


3. What challenges did you face in writing the critique article and how did you overcome them?

I faced challenges remaining objective. There was a lot of present emotional connections in this exhibit and it was hard not writing from MY standpoint but from a 'critics'. I overcame this by constantly revisiting the direction sheet and the elements and principles of art. I related to the emotional connection without putting myself in the viewer's shoes and personally connecting myself.


4. How do you feel about critiquing your peers work?

I honestly would hate to criticize anyone's hard work. The only thing missing from this exhibit were dates on photos and I think that shouldn't blemish a perfectly well constructed theme! I researched the photos myself for this reason and concluded that the dates for the photos not dated were simply 'unknown.' In a real exhibit obviously the artist would title and date their work for the exhibit so I would feel bad to say this took away from her project in any way at all.


5. Would you like to read the critique your peers wrote about your Art Curation Project?

Yes!


6. On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your finished article and why?

9? I thought it was well written but maybe I could have added a few more technical terms and not focused so much on her theme.


7. Did you enjoy working on this project?

I did, I like writing from an 'objective' point of view because it is challenging in new ways, especially in the subject of art. I believe art has much more to do with opinion than technicalities which is what makes projects like this difficult, none the less I appreciate assignments that make me think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment